Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paper Couture lust

I have just returned from the launch of a stunning paper exhibition - The Painted Flower by the talented and lovely Jo Neville, of Paper Couture fame.  

But wait - its a Staurday - yes people - I am city bound and as as you all know I don't give up my 'escaping to the country' weekends lightly.  This exhibition was a huge draw card and it was well worth it.  My heart sung......!



It's a collaboration with Murobond Paints (where Jo has her studio out the back) and she has made use of their newly released Grey Scale Garden Palette to create paper flowers in all shapes, sizes and hues. 


Stunning - all made with love and so exquisite to look at.  They are works of pure art and anyone who loves paper (like me) needs to go and see the exhibit first hand if they are in Sydney.


The hours she has put into this installation is beyond imagination - they are so intricate and delicate - swoonable.



I couldn't resist and bought two gorgeous bouquets from this selection in the bowl.  One is for me, of course, and one is for a very special gf who is having a birthday this week - she'll love these and they won't wilt!  Perfect!


If you are swooning from paper lust then head out to Murobond Paints on Dickson Avenue in Artamon. The exhibit is on until the end of April.

Be warned - as well as these lovelies, the showroom is full of all sorts of other divine treats that you won't be able to pass up!  I certainly couldn't!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment